The World Health Organization’s regional office for the Eastern Mediterranean (WHO EMRO) reported a total of 76 laboratory-confirmed cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) in the month of February.
Officials say 68 of the cases were reported from Saudi Arabia with 10 associated deaths and 8 from were reported from Oman with 2 associated deaths.
A total of 2374 laboratory-confirmed cases of MERS have been reported globally since 2012, including 823 associated deaths (case–fatality rate: 34.6%).
The bulk of the cases were reported in Saudi Arabia.
- Ebola, violence on health workers and more cases
- Uganda: Probable pneumonic plague reported in Zombo District
- Measles: 2,200 additional cases reported in the Philippines in 5 days
- Publix, Winn-Dixie announce recall of Pillsbury Unbleached All Purpose Flour due to Salmonella risk
- New Zealand: 25 measles cases reported in Canterbury
- Philippines: Japanese Encephalitis vaccination drive in Cordillera Administrative Region
- Travel advisory issued for Japan over measles outbreak
- Argentina: Hantavirus outbreak strain characterized
- Rift Valley fever in Mayotte: 82 human cases
- Europe sees nearly 900 measles cases in January, Romania tops list