By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials in the state of Chihuahua, Mexico are reporting some 50 rickettsiosis cases this year to date, according to a El Mexicano report (computer translated).
According to Dr. Gumaro Barrios, head of the Sub-Directorate of Epidemiology, of the total cases– Chihuahua (27), Juárez (16), Aldama (2), Meoqui (2) and one each in Guachochi, Delicias and Villa Ahumada. 17 deaths have been reported.
“When we started with epidemiological surveillance, it was mostly children. In the last two years it has been extended to ages from 1 to over 65 years”, he said.
- Malaria eradication possible within a generation: The Lancet Commission report
- Antibiotics in premature babies: Cause long-lasting damage to gut microbiome
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Massachusetts see high number of cases
- Ebola: Bombali virus detected in bats in Guinea
- Eastern equine encephalitis: Massachusetts Senators Markey and Warren send letter to Anthony Fauci
- African Swine Fever confirmed in Rizal, Philippines pigs; DOH says not a risk to human health
- Shigella Outbreak in Amador County