By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Mexico Ministry of Health report 9,501 cases and 857 deaths from COVID-19 have been confirmed.
The Central region has reported the most cases with more than 4,000, followed by the West region and the Southeast region.
The Undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell Ramírez, announced (computer translated) the start of Phase 3 due to the epidemic of COVID-19 in Mexico, during the morning conference at the National Palace, led by the President of the Republic, Andrés Manuel López Obrador.
Faced with this stage, he reported that yesterday the General Health Council (CSG), chaired by the Secretary of Health, Jorge Alcocer Varela, approved various control actions, after the evidence of the characteristics was exposed before this body of this stage: active outbreaks and spread in the territory with more than a thousand cases, as well as the recommendations of the scientific groups.
Among the measures approved, the following stand out: the extension of the National Sana Distancia Day until May 30, and the extension until that date, of the suspension of non-essential activities, in order to mitigate the spread and transmission of the SARS-CoV virus- 2 in the community, to reduce the burden of disease, its complications and death from COVID-19 in the population residing in the national territory.
The mechanisms are those that are arranged, and it is the temporary suspension of all non-essential work activity in the public, private and social sectors. It is national in scope and must be enforced at the local level, he stressed.
He specified that private entities that continue to work and are not on the essential list, must suspend activities so that people do not have to attend the workplace and, as far as possible, do work at home.
López-Gatell Ramírez explained that activities in all public spaces such as cinemas, theaters, parks, squares and beaches are also suspended, as an effective mechanism of healthy distance.
If those municipalities where there is low or no transmission remain at that level until the date close to May 30, an early limitation of healthy distance measures may be made.
The date of up to May 17 has been raised, with a reopening on May 18, if the municipalities that today are with low transmission remain with low transmission.
- Guinea worm disease: Ethiopia reports six suspected new cases in recent weeks
- Yellow fever outbreak in Ethiopia
- MERS coronavirus vaccine trial in humans promising
- COVID-19: Number of children infected far more extensive than reported-USF Study
- Singapore: Dengue cases at 6,000, Projected to exceed 2019 tally
- Malaysia: ‘Like the rising number of COVID-19 infections, dengue cases are also rising’
- Marburg virus: Researchers uncover mechanisms of protective antibody response during infection
- What makes SARS-CoV-2, the virus behind COVID-19, such a threat?: Boston Children’s study