Chickenpox cases increased considerably in Mexico. So far there are already 21,060 infections so far in 2022, compared to the previous year, in which registered 8,897 infections, which represents an increase of 137%.
According to the latest Epidemiological Bulletin of the National Epidemiological Surveillance System, until August 20, 2022, the sum of chickenpox infections was 21,060 cases, of which 11,057 were registered in men and 10,003 in women.
Given these figures, the authorities and health specialists have asked the population to intensify precautions to avoid this condition and promote vaccination.
Among the recommendations made by the Ministry of Health are: Do not scratch to prevent vesicles from becoming infected, keep your hands and nails clean and avoid contact with pregnant women.
Chickenpox treatment consists of treating the itching and controlling the temperature and only
in cases where there is a higher risk of complications, with the prescription of a antiviral.
- El Salvador Chagas survey: No less than 10% of triatomine bugs are potentially transferable of T. cruzi to humans
- Pakistan reports two more children with polio, Total cases now 17
- Hong Kong investigates 1st monkeypox case
- Malaria vaccine, Mosquirix, awarded prequalification by WHO
- Uganda: Budongo and Bwindi declared free of river blindness
- Brazil dengue deaths top 800, São Paulo accounts for three out of ten deaths
- Echinococcus infection reported in woman near Moscow
- Zimbabwe measles outbreak: 698 deaths reported since April
- Argentina Legionella: WHO report, Latest from Tucumán