By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) issued a face mask advisory today due to increases in COVID-19 and flu cases.
The advisory recommends everyone over the age of 2 should wear a face mask at indoor gatherings regardless of their vaccination status. In addition, establishments should implement a policy to ensure that all persons entering or seeking services, including employees, wear a mask. This face mask advisory will remain effect until further notice.
“The increases in case counts, percent positivity and hospitalizations have us very concerned,” said Elizabeth Hertel, MDHHS director. “We are issuing the face mask advisory and are looking to Michiganders to do their part to help protect their friends, their families and their communities by wearing a mask in indoor settings and getting vaccinated for COVID-19 and flu as soon as possible if they have not already done so.”
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV on YouTube
“COVID-19 cases are high as we head into the holidays, and we must take every measure we can to keep our families and loved ones safe – which starts with getting vaccinated,” said Dr. Natasha Bagdasarian, chief medical executive. “Safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines are available to children ages 5 and up, and boosters are available for eligible Michiganders. The holidays can be a time to spread great cheer and we recommend taking measures including wearing a mask indoors to not spread COVID-19 to loved ones.”
It is also encouraged to get the flu vaccine which can be administered at the same time as a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Austria goes into full lockdown: It was not a popular decision, ‘but a necessary one’; Upcoming vaccine mandate
- ‘Smallpox’ labeled vials actually contain vaccinia: CDC
- Argentina: Suspected case of cutaneous anthrax reported in La Pampa
- Fighting West Nile Virus by adding ivermectin to backyard bird feeders
- Ivermectin credited with eliminating river blindness in Plateau and Nasarawa states in Nigeria
- Europe Newswire: COVID-19 rising