By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Mongolia National Center for Zoonotic Disease reported on their Facebook page of an additional suspected human bubonic plague case in western Mongolia.
It is reported the patient ate marmot meat.
Since the beginning of the year, 13 human plague cases have been reported (9 suspect and 4 confirmed).
The National Center for Zoonotic Diseases said that 17 out of all the 21 Mongolian provinces are now at risk of the bubonic plague.
- Cyclospora outbreak cases rise to 690, FDA updates investigation
- COVID-19 testing: Yale’s SalivaDirect test receives FDA EUA
- Tularemia reported in Laramie County rabbit
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Massachusetts reports 2nd human case, Connecticut reports 1st positive mosquitoes
- Anthrax case reported in southeastern Georgia, Also COVID-19 infected: Russian state media
- South Korea COVID-19 cases top 15,000 as spike is reported in Seoul area
- California: San Diego reports 1st West Nile virus case, Los Angeles reports first death
- New Zealand: COVID-19 cluster rises to 35, Auckland lockdown extended
- Colorado rabies: 16 kids possibly exposed to bat that tested positive