By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe.com
The FDA announced it is investigating two new Salmonella outbreaks. Officials have yet to identify a source for either Salmonella outbreak. The Salmonella Oranienburg outbreak has sickened at least 126 people, and the Salmonella Thompson outbreak, has sickened at least 77 people. At this time, the ages, dates of illness, states involved, and potential leads for a source have not been released at this time.
The FDA is currently conducting traceback investigations to help identify a source. In the meantime, anyone who believes they are sick with Salmonella should seek medical attention and report their illness to their local health department.
- Dengue in Bangladesh: Hospitalizations top 15,000
- Marburg virus disease outbreak declared over
- Chickenpox case reported at Whitman College
- MRSA: Stem cell protein shows promise as potential treatment, according to study
- Rabies vaccination drive in Nelson Mandela Bay, 71 cases reported in the city
- Albuquerque zoo loses 4th ape to Shigella
- Pneumonic plague case confirmed in Wyoming
- Spain: Lymphogranuloma venereum cases up in the northern province of Navarra
- Lewy Body Dementia with Dr. James Galvin