In a follow-up report on the Legionnaires’ disease cluster in the Morris Park section of the East Bronx, New York City health officials put the updated case count at 13, including one fatality as of Wednesday. This is up from seven cases reported Monday.
Health officials say that 35 cooling towers in the area were sampled on Saturday and Sunday, and 15 cooling towers came back with positive results:
- 2725 East Tremont – Chase Bank
- 1740 Eastchester Road – Calvary Hospital
- 2964 East Tremont – Lehman High School
- 1500 Waters Place – Bronx State Psychiatric
- 1199 Sackett Ave – Einstein College
- 1845 Eastchester Road – Einstein College
- 1301 Morris Park Ave – Einstein College
- 1250 Morris Park Ave – Einstein College
- 1865 Eastchester Road – Einstein College
- 1925-1935 Eastchester Road – Einstein College
A Town Hall Meeting will be held Thursday evening at 8 pm at Maestro’s Caterer’s in the Bronx to discuss the Legionnaires’ disease situation. The location is 1703 Bronxdale Avenue, on the corner of Van Nest Avenue.
- New York City issues advisory after imported Brucella melitensis cases expose microbiology laboratory workers
- New York City health issues Legionella health alert in Queens
- New York City: 4th case of neonatal herpes due to ritual Jewish circumcision reported this year