By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Moscow Department of Rospotrebnadzor reported this week that dozens of people have been sickened after eating food from vending machines in Moscow, according to a Tass report.
As of Wednesday, at least 51 people developed symptoms of food poisoning and 26 required hospitalization.
“According to the latest data, as of 14:00 on July 17, 51 cases of acute intestinal infections were registered, the increase in the number of registered cases is associated with a late request for medical care for patients who previously consumed products under the Healthy food brand (legal entity Halfi Food Production – TASS’s note.) All the sick are adults. 26 people were hospitalized, six people were previously discharged from the previously hospitalized ones”, the report states.
The outbreak was first recognized earlier this month. Salmonella has been implicated in most cases of illness.
The production shop “Helfi Food Production” in the South-East of Moscow was sealed, about 3 tons of products were withdrawn, 22 machines and a restaurant in one of the shopping centers of the capital where food was sold under this brand were closed. On the production of the company, employees of Rospotrebnadzor found expired products, unmarked raw materials and food, for some products were put future release dates or extended shelf life.
- Malaria epidemic in Venezuela: 2.5 million cases predicted for 2020
- Philippines dengue news: Outbreak declared in Aklan, Zambo Sibugay declares state of calamity
- Florida: Bay County reports 8th animal with rabies this year
- Florida Cancer Specialists Welcomes Luis Carrascosa, MD
- Ebola news: PHEIC declared, EVD death in Goma
- England: Health officials warn of E. coli infections in individuals returning from Egypt