On the latest airing of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, I am joined by the Founder of MRSA Survivors Network, Jeanine Thomas to discuss MRSA, World MRSA Day and to tell her personal story as a MRSA survivor.
In the second half, I discuss hepatitis A with Senior Associate with the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, Amesh Adalja, MD.
I close out the show with CATO Institute senior fellow Michael Tanner as he joins me to discuss Bernie Sanders Medicare for all bill.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and onlineat http://1380thebiz.com/
- Antibiotic crisis looming: Osterholm’s thoughts
- MERS: Will it ever spread out of the Arabian peninsula such that the rest of the world should be concerned?
- Everything you wanted to know about rabies
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Antibiotics: Skin infections and the FDA approval of Baxdela
- A look at the neglected tropical disease, Chagas disease
- Parasites 101: Swimmer’s itch
- Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Killer Germs