Visiting Scientist at the University of Guelph, Jason “The Germ Guy” Tetro, joined me to discuss mumps and the reasons it has made a comeback.
Jason gives a thorough talk on mumps and talks about why mumps has seen a resurgence, as he explains in his recent article in Huffington Post Canada, “The trouble wasn’t due to the vaccine. Instead, it was the virus. It had changed.”
- Vaccines: How they work and some common misconceptions
- Hotez measles prediction: ‘Something awful is happening in Texas’
- Outbreak News Radio: Pertussis Vaccine Study
- Outbreak News Radio: Heartland virus disease, What do Americans think about vaccines?
- Outbreak News Radio: Nurses who Vaccinate, Seven Modern Plagues
- Vaccines: An interview with Dr. Paul Offit
- Candida auris case tally nears 100 in the US
- Infection control: Stethoscope hygiene failures can lead to patient infections
- New assay detects and differentiates Zika virus infections from dengue
- Opioid epidemic: CDC awards $12 million to help states
- Diabetes: Nearly 10 percent of Americans have the serious disease