As of Mar. 27, Temple University Student Health Services report 18 Temple students have tested positive for mumps and 88 are listed as probable.
Vaccine clinics were held last week where nearly 5,000 students and faculty members have taken advantage of free vaccine booster shots.
After media accounts of a probable mumps case at Kutztown University (KU) in Berks County, Pennsylvania, school officials say medical staff has received a negative test result for the suspected mumps case. There are currently no cases of mumps at KU.
San Diego State University
San Diego State University has reported a mumps case in an off-campus student. This prompted the university to send a campus-wide email alert warning of the case.
The university does not have any additional confirmed cases of mumps at this time.
From January 1 to February 28, 2019, 30 states and the District of Columbia in the U.S. reported mumps infections in 151 people to CDC.
- Asian longhorned ticks with Maria Diuk-Wasser, PhD
- DRC reports 29 Ebola cases in two days
- Infectious disease news: Top 5 posts for the week Mar. 23- Mar. 29
- Philippines: Measles and dengue news from the archipelago
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Cerebral malaria, Anti-filarial drugs, What causes autism?
- Six Hospitalized as Kentucky E coli Outbreak Grows
- New York: Invasive meningococcal disease in Far Rockaway, Queens
- Outbreak News This Week Radio Show: Rockland measles outbreak, RFK Jr., Health promotion
- Shigella Outbreak Sickens 107 Wedding Guests In Yamhill County, Near Portland, Oregon