By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The first two Naegleria fowleri cases/deaths were recently reported in Karachi, Pakistan. This has become something we see more frequently from the city each summer.
In this video I look at the cases, the increase in cases in the past decade + and the issues with the Karachi domestic water supply.
- Oakland Zoo begins vaccinating animals with donated experimental COVID-19 vaccine
- Portugal: Curfews reimposed, ‘The conditions are not met to say that the pandemic is under control’
- Philippines: Baguio City reports rise in dengue
- India: Two human rabies deaths reported in Dimapur, Nagaland
- Lassa virus vaccine trial in Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone
- CDC investigates Listeria outbreak linked to precooked chicken
- Anthrax: Three cases reported in Gegharkunik region, Armenia
- Colombia: Human rabies death reported in Huila Department
- Syracuse area: Anaplasmosis cases up, health officials warn
- Antibiotic, Solosec, receives FDA approval as treatment of trichomoniasis
- Third death due to Naegleria fowleri in Karachi reported
- Hepatitis A cases in New Caledonia: Cases reach 300 in first half of 2021