By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo confirmed 69 additional cases of novel coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 729 confirmed cases in New York State.
The highest number of cases are seen in New York City (329), Westchester County (196) and Nassau County (98). Three deaths have been reported.
In an open letter to President Trump, the Governor called on the President, through the Food and Drug Administration and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to authorize states to certify a wider array of testing labs and methods in an effort to maximize testing capacity to identify and isolate positive cases faster.
- COVID-19 in the Philippines: Cases rise to 140
- Switzerland: The number of cases increasing rapidly, 2,200 coronavirus cases to date
- Louisiana reports 2 COVID-19 deaths in Orleans Parish
- Europe coronavirus: Italy, Spain, Germany and France updates
- Infectious diseases named by location
- COVID-19: Florida cases top 100 as US cases near 3,000; Many Americans think the worst is yet to come
- Malaysia reports 190 COVID-19 cases in 24 hours, Most linked to Seri Petaling Mosque
- Nigeria: Final field visit to determine polio-free status