By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Friday, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo reported in a daily press conference that 10,482 additional cases of novel coronavirus were confirmed, bringing the statewide total to 102,863 confirmed cases in New York State.
Governor Cuomo also announced the temporary hospital facility at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center will now be used for COVID-19 patients only. Yesterday, President Trump granted the Governor’s request for the Javits facility to accept COVID-19 positive patients.
The Governor also announced the State will open a critical new COVID-19 mobile testing site for the Capital District region in partnership with Albany Medical Center, St. Peter’s Health Partners and The University at Albany. The mobile testing center will be located in a parking lot at the State University of New York at Albany campus – 1400 Washington Avenue, Colonial Quad parking lot, accessible from main UAlbany entry, off Washington Avenue, Albany.
The site will prioritize tests for individuals that are among the highest risk population. Residents who would like to be tested must make an appointment by calling 888-364-3065. There will be no walk-ins allowed and all patients must be in a vehicle. The center is slated to be operational on Monday, April 6, at 10 am. Site hours will be Monday – Sunday, 8 am – 6 pm.
Lastly, Cuomo announced the launch of www.ny.gov/covid-19tracker, which will provide New York State’s comprehensive coronavirus testing data to the public. The website, which will be updated daily with the latest data, presents visualizations of statewide and county-level testing and results.
- University of Nebraska develops a COVID-19 screening mobile app
- Florida COVID-19: Cases top 10,000, StrongerThanC-19 website
- Polio: Five additional WPV1 cases reported in Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Wearing surgical masks in public could help slow COVID-19 pandemic’s advance: Study
- Bacteriophage therapeutics: FDA clears first clinical study for PhageBank for the treatment of multi-drug resistant bacteria
- Portugal COVID-19 cases near 10K, Another 15 days of the state of emergency starts