By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
New York State health officials report the number of coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 cases have risen to 10,356 through Saturday afternoon.
New York City accounts for for 60 percent of the state’s total (6,211) followed by Westchester County (1,387), Nassau County (1,234) and Suffolk County (662).
New York has reported 60 deaths to date.
The state government published a number of “need to know” items today:
- 100% of the workforce must stay home beginning Sunday, March 22 at 8PM, excluding essential services.
- All non-essential gatherings of individuals of any size for any reason are temporarily banned.
- New York State has has identified two million N95 masks for purchase and will send one million to New York City and 500,000 to Long Island.
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices are temporarily closed for in-office visits. Online transactions, including for license renewals, are still be available. License and permit expirations will be extended.
- Governor Cuomo is visiting four sites that have been identified by the Army Corps of Engineers for temporary hospitals.
- Enacting Matilda’s Law to protect New Yorkers age 70+ and those with compromised immune systems
- Remain indoors
- Can go outside for solitary exercise
- Pre-screen all visitors by taking their temperature
- Wear a mask in the company of others
- Stay at least 6 feet from others
- Do not take public transportation unless urgent and absolutely necessary
- All barbershops, hair salons, tattoo or piercing salons, nail salons, hair removal services and related personal care services will be closed to the public effective Saturday, March 21 at 8:00PM.
- Casinos, gyms, theaters, retail shopping malls, amusement parks and bowling alleys are closed until further notice. Bars and restaurants are closed, but takeout can be ordered during the period of closure.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Philippines COVID-19 cases top 300, More labs testing
- Malaysia reports 1st polio case of 2020, 153 additional COVID-19 cases
- Georgia health officials report 14 COVID-19 deaths
- Switzerland: COVID-19 cases top 5500, Meetings of more than five people in public spaces are prohibited
- Costa Rica COVID-19: Cases top 100, First deaths reported
- Pakistan polio total rises to 30 year to date, Polio workers pitching in with COVID-19 surveillance