By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced today of 7,681 additional cases of novel coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 52,318 confirmed cases in New York State.
Some 700 deaths have been recorded.
Governor Cuomo made a number of announcements today concerning the COVID-19 outbreak to include that the State Department of Health Wadsworth Lab is working in partnership with others labs to evaluate antibody testing.
Cuomo also issued an executive order to move the presidential primary election from April 28 to June 23, aligning it with the congressional and legislative primaries in New York.
The Governor also announced three new sites – South Beach Psychiatric Center in Staten Island, Westchester Square in the Bronx and Health Alliance in Ulster County – to serve as a place for emergency beds. The three new sites will add 695 more beds to the state’s capacity. Additionally, in a new approach, the State will begin designating some facilities only for COVID-19 patients. The state has identified three sites – South Beach Psychiatric Facility in Staten Island, Westchester Square in the Bronx and SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn – that will provide more than 600 beds specifically for COVID-19 patients.
- COVID-19 ‘fastest point-of-care test’ from Abbott: FDA issues EUA
- New Jersey COVID-19 outbreak rises to more than 11,000 cases
- Paraguay health minister says dengue epidemic is over
- Pakistan records two additional polio cases
- Italy COVID-19 death toll tops 10,000, Letter to President of the European Council
- Toronto reports 118 new COVID-19 cases as total reaches 457, Quebec is hardest hit province
- Los Angeles: New COVID-19 cases continues to steadily increase