By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Today, New York Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced
43 additional cases of novel coronavirus, bringing the statewide total to 216 confirmed cases in New York State. Of the 216 total individuals who tested positive for the virus, the geographic breakdown is as follows: Westchester: 121 (13 new), New York City: 52 (16 new), Nassau: 28 (9 new), Suffolk: 6 (5 new), Rockland: 6, Saratoga: 2 and Ulster: 1.
In addition, Cuomo announced that New York State will contract with 28 private labs to increase testing capacity for the novel coronavirus. Following a call with the 28 labs, the Governor announced that he has instructed the labs to begin testing immediately as soon as they are ready. The 28 labs are specialized in virology and are routine partners with the New York State Department of Health.
- Madrid COVID-19 cases top 1,000, Flights from Italy prohibited
- Italy COVID-19 death toll rises by 200, WHO declares pandemic
- Jamaica reports 1st COVID-19 case
- Massachusetts: Governor Charlie Baker declares State of Emergency as COVID-19 cases push 100
- Philippines reports additional 16 COVID-19 cases, New Clark City repatriates released
- New Jersey COVID-19: Governor Phil Murphy declares State of Emergency, 1st death reported
- Costa Rica COVID-19 update: 13 cases reported to date, public events cancelled