By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The New Zealand Ministry of Health reported 70 new cases of COVID-19 today; all are in Auckland. The total number of community cases in Auckland is now 333 and in Wellington it is 14.
There are currently six epidemiologically-linked subclusters identified within this outbreak. The two largest clusters are the Birkdale Social Network cluster associated with Case A (45 confirmed cases), and the Mangere church cluster (146 confirmed cases). The remaining clusters have fewer than 20 people associated with them.
The government said it is likely Auckland will stay at Alert Level 4 for a further 2 weeks. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Friday she expects most other parts of the country can ease restrictions slightly from Wednesday.
- A very interesting parasite!–A raccoon roundworm livestream
- Pakistan: More than 1700 XDR Typhoid cases reported in Karachi this year
- Pennsylvania reports increases in gonorrhea and syphilis, Most in 30 years
- Dog food recall: Possible Salmonella, Listeria Monocytogenes health risk
- Trichinosis cases reported in Córdoba, Argentina; Linked to salami and chorizo
- Michigan reports EEE in Livingston County horse
- Ivermectin in the News: Missouri Poison Center reports uptick in calls, Arkansas inmates treated with drug