By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Nigeria health officials reported an additional 81 confirmed Lassa fever cases the week of Mar. 2-8, bringing the country total to 855 since the beginning of the year.
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control reported nine additional deaths, bringing the fatality total to 144 (16.8% CFR).
In total for 2020, 27 States have recorded at least one confirmed case across 119 Local Government Areas. Of all confirmed cases, 74% are from Edo (34%), Ondo (33%) and Ebonyi (7%) states.
Two additional healthcare workers (HCW) tested positive. To date, 29 HCWs have been reported with Lassa fever in 2020.
- New York City reports 1st coronavirus death
- Coronavirus spreads quickly and sometimes before people have symptoms: University of Texas at Austin study
- Paraguay: 6 COVID-19 cases reported, Let’s not forget about dengue
- Costa Rica COVID-19 case count rises to 26, Government warns about Colloidal Silver claims
- Philippines: 12 additional COVID-19 cases reported
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA gives flexibility to New York State Department of Health, FDA issues Emergency Use Authorization diagnostic
- Italy coronavirus outbreak tops 17K cases
- Spain COVID-19 deaths double in two days, Prime Minister expects 10,000 cases in a week