By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Nine patients and two staff with Norovirus symptoms at Limerick hospital
THERE ARE two confirmed cases of the winter vomiting bug at a Limerick city hospital following an outbreak this week.
According to the HSE, 11 have presented with symptoms, nine of which are patients and two staff members.
State health officials confirm the University of Alabama in Huntsville students who recently got sick tested positive for norovirus.
Norovirus outbreak hits Brisbane hospital
A Norovirus gastro outbreak has occurred at Brisbane’s Redcliffe Hospital, prompting the closure of at least two wards.
The hospital on Wednesday admitted it was treating a number of patients with gastro illnesses such as Norovirus and encouraged all visitors to make an extra effort to wash their hands when arriving and leaving the site.
Visiting restrictions at Cork hospital after vomiting bug incidents
Visiting restrictions have been put in place at a Cork hospital today following cases of a vomiting bug.
The Mercy University Hospital (MUH) imposed visiting restrictions on two rooms in the hospital due to the incidence of Norovirus, a contagious virus that causes vomiting and diarrhea.
UA Researchers Developing New, Inexpensive Method to Detect Norovirus
A team of University of Arizona researchers led by Jeong-Yeol Yoon has created a simple, portable and inexpensive method for detecting extremely low levels of norovirus.
- Naegleria fowleri and the ER physician with Dr Vincent Valente
- Philippines reports 1st polio case in two decades
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Massachusetts sees 9th human case
- The Public Health Crisis You Haven’t Heard Of: It Takes a Life Every 2 Minutes in the U.S.
- Singapore: Dengue tally now 12,000, Zika cluster confirmed
- Guam reports 2nd autochthonous dengue case