By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Hundreds of Air Force Academy cadets sickened in norovirus outbreak
A stomach flu has laid low 1 in every 10 cadets at the Air Force Academy since late October, and the school’s medics are working with public health authorities and reinforcements from other bases to treat the sick.
Norovirus outbreak at Lego show leaves over 40 people ill
Dozens of people in the UK have been suffering from norovirus-like symptoms after attending a huge Lego event in Bristol over the weekend. The organizers of the Bristol Brick show say they are “devastated” and an investigation has been launched by the city’s health authorities.
Norovirus outbreak latest: 60 schools in England hit by winter vomiting bug
NOROVIRUS outbreaks have been reported up and down the UK resulting in dozens of school and hospital closure. A new report reveals around 60 schools in the North of England have had pupils and staff off sick. Is the winter vomiting bug set to spread?
Suspected norovirus outbreak closes 46 Colorado schools
Thousands of students in western Colorado are out of school because of a suspected outbreak of norovirus.
All 46 schools in the district serving Grand Junction and the surrounding area were closed Thursday and Friday and won’t reopen until after the scheduled Thanksgiving break to allow custodians to disinfect all surfaces.
- Drexel University reports two mumps cases
- Plague: 4th case reported in China, according to Taiwan CDC
- Philippines: Health officials team with McDonald’s in polio vaccination campaign
- Samoa measles outbreak: 17 deaths reported, Gov’t issues compulsory vaccination orders
- Fiji reports 10th measles case, Vaccine shortages reported
- Penn State: Mumps reported on the University Park campus
- Rat Hepatitis E virus case investigated in Hong Kong