On Sunday night, Norwegian health officials report receiving the first delivery of vaccines from Astra Zeneca,
The shipment included 21,600 vaccine doses.
Officials say first doses will be given to healthcare professionals under 65 years of age. “These vaccines will be given to people in Norway under the age of 65, as so far no such good effect of this vaccine has been documented for those over the age of 65”, says Geir Bukholm.
In February, a total delivery from Astra Zeneca is expected to be just under 200,000 doses, and in March we expect about 250,000 doses. The number for March has not yet been confirmed by AstraZeneca.
- Bulgaria: 28,800 doses of Oxford/ AstraZeneca vaccine arrive
- Australia: Additional 10 million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines secured
- Lima, Peru: 46.6% of COVID-19 cases in South Lima, Canine rabies risk
- Another hydroxychloroquine study: There is no compelling data to suggest that hydroxychloroquine is effective
- UK COVID-19 variant cases in the Philippines rise to 25
- Sweden reports increase in Yersinia cases
- WHO release on 1st Influenza A (H3N2) variant virus in the US
- Ethiopia: Dengue outbreak in Somali Region
- COVID-19 patients who suffer cardiac arrest have a higher risk of dying, particularly women