In a follow-up on the measles outbreak in Ocean County, New Jersey, health officials reported Friday that the case tally is now 33, up from 24 cases just a few short days ago.
New Jersey health officials are warning residents about the additional confirmed cases that could have exposed others to the infection while in Ocean County between October 17, 2018 through November 30, 2018. The last rash onset date is November 30, 2018 and 4 days of infection ended on December 4, 2018.
How contagious is measles? Answer: Very
In Brooklyn, there have been 50 confirmed cases of measles in the Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn since October as of this week.
All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen) – Smart speaker with Alexa – Charcoal
In Rockland County, New York, health officials are now reporting the total measles cases in that outbreak total 96.
- Israel measles update: Case count declines, Another death reported
- Ukraine measles tally nears 50,000, 16th death reported
- Buruli ulcer: Swiss TPH researchers discover promising new drug candidate
- Zika vaccine: Nebraska researchers say potential vaccine would defend against Zika virus without producing antibodies
- England reports increase in acute flaccid myelitis
- Lyme bacteria persister forms, antibiotics and essential oils with Dr. Ying Zhang
- Europe: Sanofi’s dengue vaccine gets approved
2 thoughts on “Ocean County measles outbreak jumps to 33 cases, Brooklyn and Rockland County outbreak updates”