The Ohio Department of Health reported 122 Lyme disease cases from 35 counties during the first six months of 2022.
Belmont County has reported the most with 16, followed by Columbiana (7), Cuyahoga (7), Franklin (7) and Trumbull (7).
The median age of the Lyme disease cases is 12 years old. Males account for 66 percent of the cases.
In 2021, Ohio saw 542 total Lyme disease cases.
In addition to Lyme, Ohio has also reported four anaplasmosis cases, two babesiosis cases and 11 Rocky Mountain spotted fever cases.
- Iowa reports probable monkeypox case
- Fiji: Six cases of measles reported
- Florida Doctors Warn Against Sparklers, Cook-out Burns This July 4th
- Listeria outbreak investigation leads to ice cream from Big Olaf Creamery in Sarasota, FL
- Iraq: Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases rise to 225
- Wisconsin reports 1st monkeypox case in Dane County resident
- Plague update in Ituri Province, Democratic Republic of Congo
- Argentina: Two Argentine hemorrhagic fever cases reported in Cordoba
- Ho Chi Minh City dengue cases up 151%, dengue fever, Rapid increase reported in children