The Iran Ministry of Health and Medical Education reported Sunday on the first Omicron variant case in the country.
The individual is identified as an Iranian middle-aged man who entered the country from the UAE and lives in Tehran. Necessary measures have been taken to quarantine this person and those around him.
One or two other suspected cases are being examined, officials note.
“Since the last three weeks when this was reported in the world, we have greatly strengthened the situation of border care so that anyone who wants to enter the country In addition to being required to have a vaccination card and negative PCR test, he should be retested immediately if he is in poor physical condition”, The Deputy Minister of Health explained.
- England Omicron: 9,400 additional cases reported, London Mayor declares ‘major incident’
- Syphilis testing: False positive Bio-Rad RPR reported following COVID-19 vaccine
- Lassa fever in Nasarawa State, Nigeria prompts intensified surveillance and response
- Omicron cases in the EU top 3,000; ECDC Director says a ‘rapid increase in Omicron cases is imminent’
- Norway: Omicron variant is becoming established and will soon dominate
- Ebola outbreak declared over in the Democratic Republic of the Congo