A lab-confirmed measles case linked to travel was reported in York Region, Ontario and health officials have reported on possible exposure sites:
Individuals who attended or worked at any of the following York Region locations during the identified times listed below may have been exposed to measles:
CORRECTION: Fountain Medical and Wellness Centre (including Rexall Pharmacy and waiting areas for Advanced Cardiology, Altima Wellness Centre and The Interventional Pain Specialists Clinic)
9625 Yonge Street, Unit 2, City of Richmond Hill
Wednesday, April 10 from 1:15 p.m. to 4:40 p.m.
Friday, April 12 from 11:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9625 Yonge Street, Unit 5, City of Richmond Hill
Wednesday, April 10 from 2:35 p.m. to 4:55 p.m.
All people who may have been exposed are advised to immediately do the following:
- Check your immunization record to make sure you and your family members are up-to-date with the measles vaccination (MMR or MMRV). If you are unsure, please check with your health care provider.
- Even if you are up-to-date with your measles vaccination, watch for symptoms of measles until May 6, 2019.
- Infants under one year of age, pregnant women and people with weakened immune systems can get very ill with measles. These individuals are encouraged to call York Region Public Health measles information line at 1-877-464-9675 ext. 77280.
- Sri Lanka dengue cases near 14k year-to-date, Expert warns of DEN-3
- Reunion reports more than 1,000 dengue cases in a week
- Karachi reports 1st Naegleria fowleri death of the year
- Cholera update: Yemen and Somalia
- Ukraine closes in on 40,000 measles cases
- Streptococcus suis infections in Thailand, 10 deaths in first three months
- Japan syphilis update and other infectious diseases
- Opioids: Generic naloxone nasal spray gets FDA nod to treat overdose
- Chikungunya outbreak affects 8,000 in the Republic of the Congo