By: Candess Zona-Mendola, MakeFoodSafe
According to a release by the Josephine County, OR’s Public Health agency, a local Salmonella outbreak of cases in Grants Pass, Oregon has been identified in those who had previously dined at Si Casa Flores restaurant. So far, two people have been hospitalized.
The agency has issued a survey as part of its investigation to determine if there are any other cases. Due to shared ingredients, the Oregon Health Authority and Josephine County Public Health are asking individuals who may have dined at any of the following Si Casa Flores Corporation locations in Grants Pass from June 25 through July 7 to complete the survey found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJQTN8D.
The potentially affected locations include:
- Si Casa Flores (202 N.E. Beacon Drive)
- Si Casa Express (401 N.W. F St.)
- Xpress Trailer (502 Union Ave.)
In the meantime, the agency recommends that anyone showing symptoms of Salmonella seek medical attention.
- Vietnam: More than 10,000 hand, foot and mouth disease cases reported to date, Ho Chi Minh City reports increase in recent weeks
- Philippines: Polio vaccination campaign, ‘Sabayang Patak Kontra Polio’, to resume in Mindanao
- Bolivia reports more than 2,000 COVID-19 cases in a day, a new record
- Quest Diagnostics receives FDA authorization to perform sample pooling for COVID-19 testing
- Routine childhood vaccines benefits far outweigh risks of additional COVID-19 transmission in Africa: Study
- Berkeley researchers: Pesticides increase Schistosomiasis transmission
- Malaria: HKUMed and Institut Pasteur collaborate to use an evolution in a test tube approach to develop new molecules for diagnosis