In this podcast, I pull out two interviews from the past couple years concerning organ donation.
The first interview, from June 2016, I am joined by President and Founder of the Living Kidney Donors Network (LKDN) and two-time kidney transplant recipient, Harvey Mysel to discuss kidney paired donations, or paired exchanges and how they work.
In the second interview, I speak to LifeLink Foundation’s Sr. Public Affairs Coordinator, Betsy Edwards and donor family member, Carlos Ruiz during Donate Life Month 2017 to discuss the very important topic of organ donation.
- Organ donations: Kidneys from elderly deceased individuals can function for years after transplantation
- Babesia microti tests approved by FDA for screening blood, organ and tissue donors
- Record number of organ transplants performed in 2015: ‘A testament to the generosity of the American public’
- Living Donor & Kidney Transplant Recipient Form Lasting Bond Through the Transplant Institute of Florida at Largo Medical Center
- Talk Radio: Compensating Living Kidney Donors and a syphilis primer