By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Osaka Prefecture announced yesterday 3,004 coronavirus infections on September 1, a new record for the prefecture. The previous high was 2,829 cases reported on August 26.
In the prefecture, the number of newly infected people per day was around 1000 in early August when the emergency declaration was issued, but since the August 18th, more than 2000 people have been confirmed nearly every day.
The fourth state of emergency was declared in the prefecture a little over a month ago.
- Japan reports first ‘Mu strain’ COVID-19 variant cases
- Kansas DOH warns against the use of ivermectin
- Monkeypox: DRC reports 600+ cases in past six weeks
- Paraguay reports slight increase in dengue in seven regions of the country
- Canada: Ontario will require proof of vaccination status to access certain businesses
- Massachusetts reports 1st human West Nile virus case of 2021
- Anthrax reported in Shandong province, China; One death
- Australia: New South Wales records more than 1,000 COVID-19 cases Wednesday, COVID lockdown protests
- Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong record nearly 10K new COVID-19 cases
- Costa Rica: COVID-19 cases up 22%, Vaccine side effects very low
- 50+ long-term effects of COVID-19: Lingering symptoms range from mild to debilitating and last for weeks to months after recovery
- Brazil: Santa Cruz do Sul reports hand, foot and mouth disease outbreaks
- Kenya: More than 1,200 dengue fever cases reported in Mombasa County
- Ireland syphilis outbreak update: Cases up 43% in 2021