During this week’s airing of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, I interviewed two interesting guests on the topics of Chagas disease and hantavirus.
In the first segment, Hutchinson Distinguished Professor of Biological Sciences at Loyola University New Orleans, Patricia Dorn, PhD joined me to talk about Chagas disease, her parasitology classes trip to Guatemala and research done at chagasecohealth.com
In the second segment, Mark Waterbury, PhD (materials science) joined me to discuss his wife’s recovery and his dealings with local health authorities in King County.
In addition, as is being outlined in HantaSite.com, Mark discusses “hantavirus hotspots” in the area and a most interesting theory on how his wife and others may have contracted Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)–via the Cabin Air Systems of automobiles.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Hantavirus and tularemia: Discussions with two prominent Public Health Veterinarians
- Avian influenza and the Top Five Epidemic Risk Factors for 2017
- Podcast: Dr Rodney Rohde discusses Medical Laboratory Science for the hour
- Mumps: An interview with Dr Dirk Haselow
- Legionnaires’ disease: An interview with Dr. Mark Edwards and Sarah Ferrari
- Rabies: A comprehensive interview with Pamela Wilson
- Bioterrorism: An interview with Lawrence Roberge, PhD
- Lyme disease Q & A with Dr. Paul Auwaerter
- Zika virus: A virologist’s viewpoint
- Blood Clots: An interview with Dr. Jack Ansell