On the May 7 airing of your source for all the news about worms and germs, the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, we spent some time on this amazing story of an individual with a multi-drug resistant Acinetobacter baumannii infection and the use of an experimental therapy involving bacteriophages — viruses that target and consume specific strains of bacteria.
During the second half, I was joined by two members of the Idaho CMV Advocacy Project, Jessica and Patrick Rachels to discuss the the ABC’s of CMV, the new Idaho law and to share their personal story about their daughter Natalie and CMV.
Listen to the show podcast below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Find and follow the podcasts on iTunes and Stitcher Radio
- Peru dengue update: More deaths reported through May than in all of 2016
- Cryptosporidium: Discovery and early validation of a drug candidate progresses
- Shigella: How it survives the GI tract
- Smuckers of Canada issues flour recall in US: Possible E. coli 0121 contamination
- Mumps in Hawaii: Tally now 65 cases