On the Aug. 6 show, the main topics discussed were about the parasite, Cyclospora and a look at vaccines and some of the falsehoods concerning this life-saving science.
In the first half, Parasitologist and author of the book, Parasites: Tales of Humanity’s Most Unwelcome Guests, Rosemary Drisdelle joined me to discuss Cyclospora.
During the second half, Public health physician and a vaccinologist, Melvin Sanicas, MD joined me to discuss several topics on vaccines to include how they are made, how they work and a look at several misconceptions.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and onlineat http://1380thebiz.com/
- Lyme disease: Borrelia biofilm in the body demonstrated
- Multiple recurring C. diff infections rising: An interview with Dr James Lewis
- Everything you wanted to know about rabies
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Antibiotics: Skin infections and the FDA approval of Baxdela
- A look at the neglected tropical disease, Chagas disease
- Parasites 101: Swimmer’s itch
- Vibrio vulnificus: An interview with Dr Judy Stone