On Sunday’s show I look at a variety of topics that are pressing in the news today. Measles and vaccines are important topics as UNICEF says global cases are surging to alarmingly high levels.
Madagascar’s outbreak is massive and some are asking, could that happen here? I give my thoughts.
The outbreak Vancouver, BC has prompted plans for mandatory vaccination and are you old enough to remember when the lines would stretch around the corner for the polio vaccine?
The hepatitis A outbreak situation in the US is affecting about 1/3 of the state and critics say the hardest hit state, Kentucky–health officials response was “too low and too slow.
I discuss the sad and preventable situation of congenital syphilis as Arizona and Manitoba, Canada see tragic increases.
Free physician consultations via phone if you test positive with at-home Syphilis testing. Enjoy total peace of mind. Order Now.
Finally, a law suit is percolating in Canada over the side-effects deployed soldiers experienced they blame on the anti-malarial, mefloquine.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Venezuela epidemics: From measles to malaria with Dr. Alberto Paniz-Mondolfi
- Staying Healthy Abroad with Dr Christopher Sanford
- Looking at more anti-vaccine rhetoric with Paul Offit, MD
- CIDRAP Director, Michael Osterholm, PhD on Outbreak News TV
- The importance of vaccines with Dr. Libby Richards
- Vaccines, autism and a very important book