On the May 14 show, I was joined by two great guests. During the first half, Professor Emeritus of Epidemiology at the Yale School of Public Health, Durland Fish, PhD, joined me for an interview on the Powassan virus, the changing ecology and spread of this serious tickborne pathogen.
Board-certified dermatologist and founder of Forman Dermatology and Skin Cancer Institute in Tampa, Seth Forman, MD joined me in the second half for a discussion on the ABC’s of melanoma to include risk factors, things to look for, prevention and treatment.
Listen to the show podcast below:
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 8 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Find and follow the podcasts on iTunes and Stitcher Radio
- Scripps researchers modify vancomycin to make it more potent
- Romania measles outbreak update: 27th possible death being investigated
- Niger hepatitis E update: At least 30 deaths in the southeast
- Russia: Brucella outbreak, affecting humans and animals, reported in Voronezh region
- HIV: Pitt researchers develop test to detect ‘hidden’ virus
- Iran: CCHF deaths prompt emergency meeting
- Global experts recommend that people with HIV should be vaccinated against meningococcal disease