On today’s show, I look at a wide range of important infectious disease news to include hepatitis A and the current situation in Florida and Pinellas County in particular. In addition, I look at the deadly adenovirus outbreak in a New Jersey rehab facility.
With Halloween just a few days away, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) warns of the health risks of novelty contact lenses and we dive into that topic.
Hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) outbreaks are being reported in several schools on the east coast and I discuss the contagious viral infection is some detail.
In addition to all this, I look at another gubernatorial candidate who has a particular view on vaccines and was quoted as saying–“We shouldn’t be dumping a lot of drugs into these kids for no reason”.
I also take a look at some of the outbreak news coming out of Europe.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- DOH-Pinellas urges prevention and vaccination for hepatitis A
- NJ Department of Health confirms another case of Adenovirus at Wanaque Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Keep Your Eyes Safe on Halloween
- Campus Contagion
- Conn. GOP nominee for governor: We shouldn’t vaccinate kids ‘for no reason’
- Leprosy outbreak in the Lower Volga
- Costa Rica reports rare human rabies case
- Amazonas state reports 2,000 measles cases
- Dengue cases top 8,000 in Bangladesh
- Scripps researchers capture images of antibodies working together against malaria
- Mumps increase reported in Georgia
- Minnesota: H5N2 avian influenza detected in Kandiyohi County turkey flock
- Acinetobacter baumannii cases investigated at Newark hospital NICU