On today’s show I look at the ins and outs of Medicare for All, a single payer, government health insurance program popularized most recently by Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders and now a number of new progressives recently elected are carrying the mantle with Sanders.
I discuss what the program is designed to cover (which is essentially everything), Sanders estimates for annual costs compared to that of the Mercatus Center at George Mason University and the Urban Institute’s analyses.
I play an interview with CATO Institute senior fellow Michael Tanner on his thoughts about Medicare for All.
I also talk to Editor of Mises Wire and The Austrian, Ryan McMaken, about comparisons of Sanders plan to the current Canadian health care plan.
Lastly, I look at an article by Gary Galles who analyzes the true administrative costs of Medicare for All, which shows they are higher than those touted by supporters of the plan.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | RSS
- Health care options: Direct Care
- Hospital bills: The enormous costs, negotiated insurance prices and the self-pay patient
- Enterovirus D68, Acute flaccid myelitis and some of the research
- Chickenpox outbreak in an Asheville school: A ‘viral exchange center’
- Naegleria fowleri and the Jordan Smelski Foundation for Amoeba Awareness