On Sunday’s show I look at the recent news from Rockland County, New York where the County Executive, Ed Day declared a county wide State of Emergency, which effectively banned all unvaccinated people 18 years and younger from entering public places for 30 days or until they get vaccinated.
I also looked at the legal implications referring to a Healio interview with vaccine law expert, Brian Dean Abramson.
Then there is anti-vaxxer, Robert F Kennedy Jr up to his typical shenanigans on Twitter trying to blame rises in depression and anxiety on the Gardasil vaccine.
Do you have a penicillin allergy? Researchers at McMaster University say that you probably don’t.
In the second half, I play a portion of an interview I had with public health expert, Glenn Laverack, PhD about health promotion and outbreaks.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Vaccine hesitancy, social media and a federal role in vaccines?
- Organ donation: A look at some bioethical issues with Sigrid Fry-Revere, JD, PhD
- Kentucky chickenpox, Peter Hotez on Joe Rogan and Huntington’s disease
- Japanese encephalitis with Dr. Melvin Sanicas
- Venezuela epidemics: From measles to malaria with Dr. Alberto Paniz-Mondolfi
- Measles, vaccines and Ebola with Dr Rob Cohen