Much of today’s show was dedicated to vaccine topics and a couple of important interviews. In the first half, I speak to the author of the excellent book, Vaccines Did Not Cause Rachel’s Autism: My Journey as a Vaccine Scientist, Pediatrician, and Autism Dad, Peter Hotez, MD, PhD.
In addition to going through some news in the second half, I also speak to Xingru Chen with the Dartmouth College Department of Mathematics about her recent study, Imperfect vaccine and hysteresis.
The Outbreak News This Week Radio Show, the first and only radio program dedicated to infectious disease and health news and information, airs every Sunday at 1 pm ET in the Tampa Bay area on AM 1380 The Biz and online at http://1380thebiz.com/
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Kyasanur Forest Disease, TB vaccine
- Atlanta: Two measles cases treated this month, according to report
- Australia: Measles tally rises to 11 in NSW
- Measles in Oregon: Case confirmed in Multnomah County
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: New anti-influenza drugs, Leishmaniasis in Sindh
- Cruise news: GI outbreak onboard Viking Ocean Cruises vessel, Viking Sea
- Travel advisory for Kazakhstan: Measles outbreak
- Philippines reports 200,000 dengue cases in 2018, 31st Dengvaxia complaint filed over doctor’s death
- Measles: Washington Gov. Jay Inslee declares a state of emergency
- CDC Health Advisory: Rifampin/Penicillin-Resistant RB51 Brucella from consuming raw milk