By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Pakistan saw one additional wild poliovirus type 1 (WPV1) case in the past week from Killa Abdullah district, Balochistan province. This brings the total WPV1 cases in the country to 48 and including the 12 cases reported in Afghanistan this year, a global total of 60.
In all of 2018, 33 WPV1 cases were reported from the two countries.
In addition, Pakistan reported eight WPV1-positive environmental samples were reported in the past week: two from Gadap Town and one from Orangi in Karachi district, Sindh province; four from Lahore district and one from Rawalpindi district, Punjab province.
Protect Your Laptop/Macbook Now!
Protect your laptop screens up to 24″ from scratches, germs, and grease with this bubble-free liquid glass screen protector of 9H hardness. Buy Now
Pakistan is one of only three countries in the world with ongoing wild poliovirus transmission, alongside Afghanistan and Nigeria.
- Rubella in Japan: Cases top 2,000, CDC revisits travel notice
- Salmonella cluster linked to Brixx and Barley in Long Beach
- Nigeria: Yellow fever in Ebonyi state, 16 dead
- Malaysia: Another rabies death in Sarawak
- Ukraine Health Ministry: Measles cases rising again
- Denver: First Creek at DEN open space closed due to plague
- CDC reiterates travel notice for Venezuela: Measles, diphtheria and malaria