By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Pakistan health officials reported an additional 250 new cases in the last 24 hours. This brings the country total to 5,038 as of 10 April.
The most affected province due to COVID-19 virus is Punjab 2,425, followed by Sindh 1,318.
86 deaths have been reported.
A number of developments have occurred recently in Pakistan to include:
- The National Disaster Management Authority is dispatching additional Personal Protection Equipment for doctors and health workers of 202 hospitals of Sindh.
- The public sector hospitals of the Islamabad city are again considering extending the closure of Outdoor Patient Departments for one month due to possible high risk of novel coronavirus spread from the facilities
- The district administration of Rawalpindi has established a 120-bed quarantine facility at Shahbaz Sharif Sports Complex located on Sixth Road.
- Minister for Aviation Ghulam Sarwar Khan on Saturday said the government would bring back 4,000 Pakistanis stranded across the world following Covid-19 outbreak through special flights.
- Yemen reports 1st COVID-19 case, Temporary ceasefire announced
- Venezuela’s COVID-19 preventive measures
- Washington COVID-19 case count, DOD field hospital being returned
- Ecuador COVID-19 cases top 7,000, More than 600 health professionals join the fight
- Communities and COVID-19: Perspectives from a health promotion expert
- Brazil COVID-19 deaths top 1000, One million tests distributed
- FDA warning: Ivermectin meant for animals are not for human treatment for COVID-19