Health officials in Shangla District in the Malakand Division of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province report a measles outbreak affecting more than 400.
This has prompted plans for a measles vaccination campaign which will commence November 15. The campaign will vaccinate 333,000 children against measles, rubella and polio.
The campaign will last through November 27.
“The drive will start from Nov 15 and continue till Nov 27. During the campaign, about 1.5 million of vaccines will be administered to children aged between nine months and 15 years,” deputy commissioner Habibullah Arif said.
- Ukraine reports polio case in Transcarpathia, Not related to earlier case
- Idaho reports 1st human rabies case/death in over 40 years
- Bangladesh: Dengue death count rises to 95
- Finland says long-term residents or returnees from Ukraine may need a polio booster vaccine
- Ivermectin does not reduce risk of severe illness from COVID-19: Malaysia study
- Japan syphilis cases top 6,000 again
- Pakistan: Punjab dengue tally tops 14K
- India Newswire: Zika in Kanpur, UP; Dengue in Lucknow, Foot-and-mouth-disease in Ladakh
- Philippines: The percentage of Delta variants detected rise from 4.9 in June to 99.8 in October