By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Health officials with the the Eleventh Sanitary Region have reported 45 COVID-19 cases associated with the Luque supermarket, El Cacique.
Health director, Roque Silva said more than 90% of the cases of Covid-19 active in the city of Luque , Central Department, arose from the outbreak at the supermarket.
“Inside the supermarket there was a very close contact between the patrons. The first person who was the carrier presented a fever for three days, without going to see a healthcare provider,” he said.
As a result, about 400 local employees will be subjected to the sample to rule out or confirm more diagnoses.
The supermarket closed its doors temporarily and went to sanitary quarantine for 15 days, from this Monday, July 13 to July 26.
Paraguay health officials reported an additional 94 COVID-19 cases, bringing the country total to 3074, including 25 deaths.
- COVID-19 study: Patients with milder symptoms have a higher viral load when diagnosed and may carry a higher virus shedding risk potential
- Mexico COVID-19 cases top 300,000, Nearly a fifth in Mexico City
- UTMB researchers have discovered a new antiviral mechanism for dengue therapeutics
- Singapore dengue cases top 17,000, More than 2019 total, Enforcement and penalties
- Tocilizumab linked to 45% lower risk of dying among critically ill COVID-19 patients
- Scientists discover key element of strong antibody response to COVID-19
- Head lice activity is up in the US in the time of the pandemic