Just in the past week, I reported on cyclospora outbreaks in Ontario, Canada and Texas and an increase in cases in New York City on this website.
Parasitologist and author of the book, Parasites: Tales of Humanity’s Most Unwelcome Guests, Rosemary Drisdelle joined me to discuss Cyclospora in the latest installment of Parasites 101 on the Outbreak News Interviews podcast.
- Coyote tapeworm in Alberta: 5th human case reported
- Parasites 101: Ascaris lumbricoides
- A new Lyme disease test: Dr Richard Marconi discusses the GLD Test
- Cholera: The disease, the Yemen crisis and the vaccine
- Mumps: Why it’s seen a resurgence
- Lyme disease, Stevia and the quest for better treatments
- Vaccines: How they work and some common misconceptions
- Everything you wanted to know about rabies
- Powassan virus: The spread is inevitable
- Raccoon roundworm: The rare and potentially lethal zoonosis
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) and other prion diseases
- The story behind the Toxic Shock Syndrome outbreak investigation of the late 70s-early 80s
Intro music: “Rapture” by Ross Bugden