By: Candess Zona-Mendola, MakeFoodSafe
The Minnesota Department of Health, CDC, and FDA have announced another Salmonella investigation – this time linked to fresh, whole peaches. So far, we know 68 people in 9 states are sick after eating peaches supplied by Wawona Packing Company to Target, Aldi, and other retailers. The Minnesota Department of Health confirmed 23 people in Minnesota are sick. However, no other states have announced their inclusion in this Peaches Salmonella outbreak.
As we await news from the CDC and FDA, Target and Aldi have issued recalls for the affected peaches. Health agencies recommend that consumers not eat whole, fresh peaches packages by Wawona Packing Company.
- Wound botulism case reported in Bernalillo County, New Mexico
- Multistate outbreak of Salmonella Newport infections linked to onions grows to 869 cases
- India averaging 60K COVID-19 cases during past two weeks
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus: UT Southwestern scientists discover pathway bacteria break out of cells
- Colombia COVID-19 cases now 489K, Bogotá’s El Dorado airport is scheduled to officially reopen
- Canada: Crab cakes, Tarragon Remoulade recalled due to Salmonella risk