By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Peruvian Ministry of Health are reporting 199,696 COVID-19 cases through June 8. Lima continues to be the region with the highest number of COVID-19 infected with 118,036 cases.
The following regions also present patients with Covid-19: Callao (14,017), Piura (10,886), Lambayeque (9933), Loreto (6349), La Libertad (5916), Ancash (5443), Ucayali (5421), Arequipa (4494), Ica (4375), Junín (2194), San Martín (1952), Tumbes (1585), Cusco (1260), Huánuco (1183), Cajamarca (947), Ayacucho (915), Amazonas (823), Madre de Dios (749), Moquegua (712), Pasco (643), Huancavelica (569), Tacna (535), Puno (471) and Apurímac (288).
5,571 deaths have been recorded.
With the aim of strengthening primary health care, focused on indigenous communities, today the First Indigenous COVID-19 Command in the Loreto region was formed, made up of the Ministries of Health and Culture , the Regional Government of Loreto and the representatives of the communities: Achuar, Ashaninka, Awajún, Kandozi, Machiguenga, Shipibo, Urarina, Wampis, Yanesha, among others.
The formation of this group was led by the Ministers of Health, Víctor Zamora and of Culture, Alejandro Neyra. An act was signed that marks the support of all actions to strengthen health services, from the first level of care to indigenous communities.
- Pediatric Inflammatory Multisystem Syndrome different from Kawasaki disease: Study
- Chile: COVID-19 cases top 134K, Quarantine for the communes of San Antonio and Calama
- Equine encephalitis vaccine: Bavarian Nordic announces topline results from the the first-in-human trial
- Outbreak News Update: Robert Herriman talks about the brain eating amoeba, Naegleria fowleri
- Philippines COVID-19 death toll tops 1,000, More than 200 prisoners infected
- Indonesia: Most provinces report less than 10 new COVID-19 cases