By Teddy Cambosa
As the Southeast Asia nation gears up in celebration of the Christmas festivities, the nation’s Department of Health has recorded a total of 1,776 new cases today, December 24.
As the country now has a total of 465,724 cases, today’s statistics include that 533 individuals have recovered from COVID-19, while 7 individuals have expired.
While the country has a small percentage of active cases, amounting to 5.6% (26,179), the Department is continuously reminding everyone that in line with the Christmas festivities, celebrations must be limited to immediate family members.
DOH is also reminding everyone that mandatory wearing of face shields and face masks must be practiced when going outside and refrain from going to heavily-packed places.
- Yellow fever outbreak reported in Guinea: WHO
- PH’s NGCP appeals to nat’l gov’t to allow private purchases of COVID-19 vaccines
- Malaysia: Another rabies death in Sarawak
- Ehrlichiosis in Australia: Cases are exploding in some regions
- Predicting the future geographic spread of Lyme disease in the Midwest
- The Netherlands reports ‘swine flu’ case that occurred in 2019
- Belgium declared African swine fever disease free