By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Philippines Department of Health (DOH), along with the University of the Philippines-Philippine Genome Center (UP-PGC), and the UP-National Institutes of Health (UP-NIH) confirm the detection of
nineteen (19) additional COVID-19 cases positive for the B.1.1.7 variant (UK variant). This brings the total B.1.1.7 variant cases in the country to 44.
No other variants of concern were detected.
Three cases are from Davao Region, two from CALABARZON, eight are Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROF) and six cases are currently being verified if these are local cases or Returning Overseas Filipinos.
To date, the Philippines has reported a total of more than 550,000 COVID-19 cases, including 11,500 deaths.
- Cold sores: Discovery reveals how stress, illness and even sunburn trigger flareups
- Fauci, et al discuss SARS-CoV-2 viral variants in JAMA editorial
- XDR Salmonella Typhi infections among U.S. residents without international travel
- New Hampshire reports 1st B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant
- Cleveland Clinic study: High-dose zinc, Vitamin C show no significant impact on COVID-19 symptoms
- Singapore: Typhoid cluster investigated, Linked to Hooi Kee Eating House