By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Philippines health officials reported an additional 2,378 COVID-19 cases Sunday, bringing the country total to 189,601.
Approximately 91.5 percent of the cases are mild, 6.1 percent are asymptomatic, 1.0 percent are severe, and 1.4 percent are critical patients.
The death toll rose by 32, with that total standing at 2,298.
In related news, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Sunday reported one more Filipino abroad contracting COVID-19, bringing the total tally to 9,984.
- COVID-19: FDA issues EUA for convalescent plasma as potential treatment
- Nigeria: Lassa fever cases drop significantly in recent months
- California reports increase in Candida auris cases, Health advisory issued
- Sweden reports increase in campylobacter infections this month
- LABMED ships over 65 million medical masks, 38 million Virus Transport Medium Kits to fight COVID-19 pandemic
- Oleandrin dangers: Toxicology Organization’s joint statement concerning proposals for the use as a potential treatment for COVID-19
- Colorado reports 3rd rabies case in domestic livestock
- COVID-19 nasal vaccine produces more widespread immune response than intramuscular injection, Prevents infection in mice
- SARS-CoV-2 risk: Many animal species may be vulnerable, according to study