By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Philippines Department of Health (DOH) reported an additional 466 COVID-19 Delta variant cases were detected, bringing the total to 1,273.
Of the additional 466 Delta variant cases, 442 are local cases, 14 are Returning Overseas Filipinos (ROF), and 10 cases are currently being verified if these are local or ROF cases. Of the 442 local cases, 201 cases had indicated addresses in the National Capital Region, while 69 cases had indicated addresses in Central Luzon, seven in Cagayan Valley, 49 cases in CALABARZON, 14 cases in MIMAROPA, four cases in Bicol Region, 52 cases in Western Visayas, 19 cases in Central Visayas, six cases in Northern Mindanao, 11 cases in Davao Region, seven cases in SOCCSKSARGEN, and three cases in the Ilocos Region. Based on the case line list, one is still active, eight cases have died, while 457 cases have recovered.
In addition to the Delta variants detected, 90 Alpha (B.1.1.7) variant cases, 105 Beta (B.1.351) variant cases, and 41 P.3 variant cases in the latest batch of whole genome sequencing.
The DOH reported Monday an additional 18,332 new cases and 151 new deaths, bringing the totals since the beginning of the pandemic to 1,857,646 and 31,961, respectively.
- Immune Response to COVID-19 May Be Proportional to Illness Severity, Duration
- Potential Overuse of Antibiotics Found in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Pneumonia
- FDA ivermectin warning: You are not a horse. You are not a cow. Seriously, y’all. Stop it.
- Russia reports 59 dirofilariasis cases in 2020
- VietNam: Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong see nearly 8,000 COVID-19 cases Sunday
- Jamaica reports 551 new COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths; Public urged to get vaccinated
- Florida Vibrio vulnificus update: Additional case/death in Orange County
One thought on “Philippines report another 466 Delta variant cases”